[linux-dvb] Re: IP over SATELLITE network

Hi Carlos,

I am no expert but wat I know I will share with you.

Carlos E. Guerra wrote:

>The first one is where in America i can get a DVB-S receiver card. I want to
>get IP data (received by the card) through the IPstack (I mean through
>socket interface),

I work with a Galaxis DVB-S card which has data receiving capbilities.
(although I don't use it) The same card is also available under
different brandnames: Siemens and Technotrend and as far as I know there
is also a similar Hauppage card but Hauppage offers other models as
well. To give an indication: My Galaxis card costs about 300 dollar (in
Europe Netherlands).

> so i guess i can live with a budget card (tell me if i'm
>wrong, but the mpeg decoder is just to see video, no?).

I dont know if it is used to compess other data than video, but someone
else might have more relevant comments on this ...

>The second one is what king of DVB-S transmit card can i use? do you know
>which cards have linux drivers ??

I have no knowledge about DVB-S transmitting cards. Do you want to
transmit to a satelite? ??

Succes,
Ton van Baalen