[linux-dvb] Re: IP over SATELLITE network

"Carlos E. Guerra" <cguerra@gth.com.pe> writes:

> I am new to linuxtv and especially to this mailing list so please do
> not hesitate to point me towards any FAQs or posting policies.

Welcome to the list. We don't have any posting policies as long as you
think before posting and speak English.

http://linuxtv.org/dvb/links.xml might be a good starting point

> The first one is where in America i can get a DVB-S receiver card. I
> want to get IP data (received by the card) through the IPstack (I
> mean through socket interface), so i guess i can live with a budget
> card (tell me if i'm wrong, but the mpeg decoder is just to see
> video, no?).

You are right. But why order the card in the US? If you are thinking
about building a network, you should talk directly to the people who
designed the card.

See http://www.technotrend.de/english/products/pcproducts3-2.html

> The second one is what king of DVB-S transmit card can i use? do you know
> which cards have linux drivers ??

You need a DVB ASI Out card and a QPSK modulator.

See http://www.computermodules.com/oem/dvbmaster2.shtml

(with a GPL Linux driver!!!)

http://www.computermodules.com/downloads/download_linuxdvb.shtml

yours sincerely
--
Martin Springer, Chief Evangelist
convergence integrated media gmbh      GPG Key-ID  1024D/8EFE7B2F