[linux-dvb] Re: pentamedia mpeg cards

Carlos E. Guerra wrote:

 > has anybody used the pentanet card for hacking purposes?

I actually have a Pentamedia Pent@Value card.
The drivers are not included on the floppy, but are
available on Pentamedia's support site. I had to
modify the driver's makefile in order to compile it.
But there's a core dump when the driver loads.
This is because most of the driver is already
compiled, so it's probably incompatible with my
Linux system (Mandrake 8.1), although Pentamedia
distribute this driver for Mandrake.

So I don't know if it's a good idea to go with
any Pentamedia's products. There's nothing like
open source drivers... Does anyone have a success
story with the Pent@Value driver?

Marc