[linux-dvb] Re: AW: How do i channel scanning on a DVB-C

Edgar Hucek <hostmaster@ed-soft.at> said:

> Hi.
>
> I can't get any predefined channel working. Under Windows it seams that the
> channels are encrypted. I don't know if this is correct.
>
> mfg
>
> Edgar Hucek.

Hi,

encrypted or not...as far as I remember the channels.conf.cable coming along
with the VDR distribution contains the GERMAN TELECOM cable settings. Very
likely not usable with your setup. You can try to get your frequencies and
PID settings from your provider and write an own 'channels.conf.cable' or
getting the transponders from your provider and scan the actual channels
with 'dtv_scan', coming with the 'dtv' distribution. That can be found at
http://hesdvb.sf.net/DTV-1.2.1.tar.gz.

Good luck,

Rolf