[linux-dvb] Re: Problems by starting VDR 0.96

Alexander Ulsamer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have installed SuSE Linux 7.3 Prof. Edidion with Kernel 2.4.10-GB and done the configurations as described in Hubertus Sandmanns "Manual" how to setup a VDR as Standalone.
>
> The compilation of the driver dvb-20010926.tar.bz2 was successfull. But if i do make insmod, i get the message "Segmentation Fault". If i want to unload the modules with "make rmmod" there are messages like "Device or Resource busy" or some Errors [139]. After that, the pc is completely frozen. So I decided to compile the VDR-0.96 sources in a parallel directory and it worked. After that i started the dvb Driver included in the 7.3 SuSE-Distribution with vdr-0.96. -If i start the SuSE-DVB-Driver standalone i get n-tv. -After starting the vdr without channels.conf i get the On-Screen-Display. -But if i start vdr with channels.conf i have a black-screen. Who can help me???

Do you have DiSEqC equipment? If so, you may have to enable that in VDR's Setup
menu and select the proper DiSEqC parameters for your channels.

What happens if you select 'n-tv' from VDR's Channels-menu? Since the driver
can show that channel, VDR should also be able to do so.

Oh, BTW: we _are_ talking about *Satellite* reception, right?

> Can anyone tell me where to get older Versions of VDR?

There are older versions on ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr

Klaus