[linux-dvb] Re: L64781 Frontend basically works, testers wanted

Dave Chapman wrote:

> I have been using today's CVS.  I'm also using my own programs to perform the
> tuning.  This reports that the tuning succeeds.
>
> A few weeks ago, I looked into driver in detail.  When I set a filter, the
> driver receives vpeirq and fidbirq signals.  However, the contents of the

> transfer buffer (i.e. mem[0]) is always zero.

Marco's patches did not set up the stream output registers correctly...
Could you please test this again?

> I have tested the tuning of the driver extensively, and have no problems
> tuning to channels (getting value 0x7f in register 0x32).  I have also been
> monitoring the csi_average register (0x33) and have been getting values
> around 0x35 - which I believe should be good enough to receive a perfect
> transport stream.  I also have a Nokia DVB-T receiver, and this works without
> problems using the same aerial connection.
>
> Any ideas?

Not really, the values you describe are ok. 0x7f in register 0x32 means
that the demodulator works and receives valid TPS infos.

The SPI_BIAS calculation I implemented works fine for our local
configurations, could you please check if there are overflows or
rounding errors if you insert your frontend parameters?
The exact formula is described in the L64781 Manual, page 5-42.

- Holger