[linux-dvb] automatic setup of channels?

Arpi writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Maybe I'm too blind, but is there any tool to scan through the
 > frequency range and list all channels and pids available?
 > As far as i saw the DVB API has some ioctl's for this purpose, but
 > maybe they are unimplemented yet or just unused? In later case i'll
 > implement something.
 > (It's not funny writting down freq/pid pairs under windows and type
 > in VDR.)

I think there are some tools out there to scan and create a list for
vdr. AFAIK there is also one that takes the data from the lyngsat.com and
creates a list. I don't use vdr, so I am no expert. Maybe you should
ask on the vdr mailing list.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de