[linux-dvb] Nova-T PID filtering

Ian Rickards writes:
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I've been trying the Nova-T support and I'm having a small problem with the
 > current CVS code.  Tuxplayer won't record - it just hangs and creates a
 > 0-length file.  But, Dave Chapman's dvbstream works so the driver is fine.
 > The difference between these apps is the way the PID filtering is set up.
 >
 > The driver can return the PIDs (set with tzap) using ioctl DMX_GET_PES_PIDS
 > but they are not activated automatically?  If I fix tuxplayer to do an ioctl
 > DMX_SET_PES_FILTER, then it records.  It isn't clear to me if the problem is
 > with tuxplayer or the driver?

tuxplayer requires ntuxzap, rtuxzap or tuxzap to set the channel and
switch on the output via /dev/ost/dvr. Otherwise it would block the
demuxes and you couldn't switch the programs.
i haven't done much work on tuxplayer recently, so there may still be
other problems with the program. I mainly use rtuxzap and cat for
recording and ntuxplayer for playback, which are more convenient for
me with a ir-remote and a notebook or an ipaq via wavelan. My main
dvb-receiver/computer has no monitor.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de