[linux-dvb] Re: Call for help on CI problems

> > 1. Write a new firmware for the DVB card.
>
> Is it sure that the bug is in the Firmware ?

This is what Ralph wrote on this list a while ago (or, in other words, he
might have said: "Get the CI module manufacturer to write a working firmware
for their CI module!" ... sorry, couldn't resist ;-)))

> Is there no way to get the source of one of the firmwares, do you really
> have to start from nothing ?

You will get all you need if you sign a NDA with Technotrend and possibly
others. Personally, I have no problem with NDAs but I'm no programmer, so
whatever I get would be useless for me ...

> Perhaps one could ask the Programer of WinDVBLive if he is willing to
> cooperate...

I'll give it a try tonight, but from what I've heard about him, I have
doubts that he will help.

> (Bye the way, isn it possibly to use on of the (binary) other firmwares ?
> think everyone who bought a card should have received the original
> Technotrend firmware, which should be working.)

Ralph wrote that the Windows firmware won't work but the message is from
August 2000. If I want to give it a try, how do I replace Convergence's
firmware with another version?

Regards,
hh