[linux-dvb] Re: Call for help on CI problems

Henning Holtschneider writes:
 > > > 1. Write a new firmware for the DVB card.
 > >
 > > Is it sure that the bug is in the Firmware ?
 >
 > This is what Ralph wrote on this list a while ago (or, in other words, he
 > might have said: "Get the CI module manufacturer to write a working firmware
 > for their CI module!" ... sorry, couldn't resist ;-)))

I don't remember ever writing or even implying this. I don't even have
ever seen most of the CI modules you want support for. So, how can I
comment on their firmwares?

 > > (Bye the way, isn it possibly to use on of the (binary) other firmwares ?
 > > think everyone who bought a card should have received the original
 > > Technotrend firmware, which should be working.)

 > Ralph wrote that the Windows firmware won't work but the message is from
 > August 2000. If I want to give it a try, how do I replace Convergence's
 > firmware with another version?

You cannot use any other firmware with the Linux driver.
The other firmwares do not support all the features on which the
driver relies.

Ralph