[linux-dvb] Re: Call for help on CI problems

Henning Holtschneider writes:
 > Ralph Metzler wrote:
 >
 > > You cannot use any other firmware with the Linux driver.
 > > The other firmwares do not support all the features on which the
 > > driver relies.
 >
 > Ok. I suppose it doesn't make sense to write yet another firmware, then?!
 > One would have to make it compatible with your driver without having access
 > to the necessary information (documentation), right?

I never saw any documentation for the API between driver and
firmware. For the first driver versions (end of 1999) I also only had
the driver sources (as you have them) to figure out the interface.
It of course helped when we got the firmware sources later on.

Ralph