[linux-dvb] AW: Re: Call for help on CI problems

> One problem I see is that the documents describing the CI standard are,
> AFAIK, normally internal to DVB members.
> TI owns the library (RTSL) which is needed to talk to the
> hardware.You would need them to agree to use the include files
> and library binaries to write open source software.
> There were indications last year that they might do this but I
> don't know how this developed.
> You would still need a >$3000 ARM compiler from ARM

So its really hard to get all stuff needed to write a open-source firmware.
(Is there somebody willing to try to get all this from the different
companies ?)

>You cannot use any other firmware with the Linux driver.
>The other firmwares do not support all the features on which the
>driver relies.

Ok, we can not write a new firmware.
But there is a not-so-good, but working firmware from technotrend everybody
got with his card.
Perhaps it would be easyier to modify the existing driver or to write a new
linux-driver that works with the original firmware.
Everybody got a C-compiler with his linux, and there are for sure a lot more
c-programmers then arm-assembler programmers out there !