[linux-dvb] Re: Low frequencies problems with siemens-drivers?

Hi!

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Roberto Arcomano wrote:
> I use siemens driver (0.9.3 or 0.8.2) to receive Eutelsat 7, on frequency
> 11262 (srate 27500, H, pid 3003): signal is very low, but I already used
> siemens drivers with success on other (higher) frequencies. It seems that
> siemens drivers have problems with low freq.

If you refer to the status display of dvbd3...: Without modifications dvbd
can't be used on transponder frequencies in low Ku-band. dvbd assumes a
fixed LNB LOF of 10.6 GHz. So every low-band freq - where you switch your
LNB to LOF=9.75 GHz by "ttk 0" - will result in a totally wrong computed
tuner frequency.

There are several occurrences of
    "minus" 10600000
in the source of dvbd.c. Replace them by
    "minus" 9750000
and compile dvbd again. Now it is able to deal with low-band freqs - and
ONLY low-band freqs.

Bye,
     Rolf