[linux-dvb] Re: dvbd sync problem

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 16:30, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Am 13.11.2001 um 18:06 schrieb sigurd:
> > very funny. and what should I do if I don't want any
> > Gnome on my server? no dvb then?? right?
>
> Yes, you are funny.
>
> Originaly GTK means Gimp ToolKit, you can install GTK without Gnome.
>
> Ciao, Thomas

I think Sigurd wants a way to tune his DVB card without needing to install a
lot of extra libraries (and possibly X) on his server.

There are many solutions - szap that comes with the driver is a simple
command-line tool that uses a VDR-style configuration file.  I haven't used
it myself, but I am sure it works.  It's only dependencies are the include
files from the DVB driver.

Alternatively, my dvbstream application (http://www.linuxstb.org) can be used
as a simple tuning application - just pass the frequency, polarity and symbol
rate on the command line.

Regards,

Dave.