[linux-dvb] Re: Low frequencies problems with siemens-drivers?

Rolf Siebrecht wrote:

> Hi Andrei!
>
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, you wrote:
> > Also, I'd like to add a check to ensure that frequency and ttk are
> > correctly specified, if not, to correct ttk with respect to frequency.
> > Can you tell me precisely which is the frequency where the LNB should be
> > switched from the lower to the higher band?
> >
> > I've seen in DVB/apps/dvbrc.astra, dvbrc.3sats, dvbrc.4sats :
> > SLOF=11800000 and then
> > SLOF=11700000
> >
> > which one is the correct one?
>
> I think, 11700000 should be right.
Oh, yes, I've looked at my LNB's datasheet and this is the frequency
where tos witch bands.

> Btw, in the last edition of my 0.8.2 patch I added a revision of dvbd3. I
> called it dvbd3a. It already realizes what you are planning. I removed the
> "ttk" option completely there.

I'll look into it.
I know Roberto Arcomano complained he wasn't able to compile dvbd3 on
his system.
I added into dvbd3 a check whether freq is higher or lower then 11800,
but I will change that to the correct 11700. Also, from the
hauppaglinux-2.0 package by Bernd Fromel, I've tried dvbds (made for
starspeeder to use the dvb card's MAC) with this small modification and
it also works.

> dvbd3a gives "Sync=127" for the OpenSky transponder here, but Vber is not
> always zero. Well, now I should have an OpenSky account, or from any other
> Sat-ISP....

Same for mee too. Vber stays zero about 80% of time.

--
ing. Andrei Boros
mailto:andrei@srr.ro / +40-1-303-1865