[linux-dvb] OT: DVD-Recording under linux

Hi all

First of all: Sorry for Off-Topic - but it=B4s not totaly off topic.. :-)

I think about to buy a Pioneer DVD-R Recorder (IDE).

Does anyone know if it=B4s possible to use such a device under LINUX ?
I only know CD-Recording  with a usual CD-Recorder under linux - there are=
 several steps:

Make ISO-FILE
Burn ISO-File

If i want to use a DVD for sore "serien" that=B4s not very good because i =
have to write 4,7GB at one time...

Anyone know if it=B4s possible to write a CD with a Packet-CD-System - or =
is this only avaylible under CD-Recording ?

Many Questions... - perhaps anyone have some Answers.

PS: If anyone think DVD-Recording is still expensive:

Pioneer DVD-Writer (DVD-R and DVD-RW) - 1093 DM (a Shop in Munich)
DVD-R Medium =B4(noname) 18 DM
DVD-RW   ""    59 DM

CU

Axel Gruber