[linux-dvb] Re: using ffmpeg on /dev/video

Hi,

> Sorry for asking, but now I completely lost you:
>
> All this sounds like you can get compressed video (MPEG)
> on /dev/ost/dvr *and*as*well* uncompressed video on /dev/video.
>
> a) I remember to have read in here, that the PCI is not fast enough
> to even transport only-I-Frame-Video. So why shall it be fast enough
> to transport uncompressed video?
yes, i also read it here. but it is fast enough for I-only mpeg, i'm using
it in mplayer, even at high bitrates.

> b) I thought, /dev/video is something only related to DVB7.x and earlier.
> (Yes, /dev/video is the standard i4l Interface of course, but still I remember
> to have read, that this device is "out" with the DVB8.x)

yes this one surprised even me. but it works and i can grab 768x576 at
25fps without problems. maybe the DVB card decompress to video card's memory
and i access it?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu