[linux-dvb] Re: using ffmpeg on /dev/video

>  >> Did I understand it right:
>  >> -You use the DVB-Card to decode a MPEG2-Stream.
>  >> -The decoded picture/frames can be read from /dev/video
>  >> -this frames are encoded to divx?
>  >>
>  >> Roland
>  >>
	>I am not doing that, but it is possible.

Hang on, this is all really new to me. Now I wonder, if it was already possible
with a 7.x driver to let the HW decode a earlier recording and to get the
uncompressed data from /dev/video ?

This is very important to me, because this way I could recompress my
earlier mentioned (definitely unstandardised) AV_PES-"Patchstreams"
into a propper format.

(Or is the audio/syncing still unsolved for this approach?)

If all this is possible, I wonder, if one can even "seep" the compressed data
to the DVB hardware in order to have a slow output on /dev/video, so
that even a slow computer or slow SW-encoder can follow up.

(The more I think about it, the more I believe to know the answer in advance.
But still I should ask at least...)
Thomas