[linux-dvb] Re: XML Channel file format

On Saturday 24 November 2001 14:22, mocm@convergence.de wrote:
> Someone already asked about XML a while ago and wanted to suggest a
> format, but I haven't heard from him.

That was me about a year ago.

I have written a program that dumps the DVB SI information (PAT/PMT/SDT) into
an XML file.  This file contains _everything_ in the DVB SI.

An example follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<satellite>
<transponder freq="11508000" srate="27500000" polarity="H" >
<service id="50600" ca="1">
<description tag="0x48" type="1" provider_name="BSkyB" service_name="Fashion
TV" />
<stream type="2" pid="2310">
</stream>
<stream type="4" pid="2311">
<iso_639 language="eng" type="0" />
</stream>
<stream type="4" pid="2312">
<iso_639 language="fre" type="0" />
</stream>
</service>
</satellite>

I have a program (using libxml from the Gnome project) which parses these
files and generates a VDR channels.conf.

I'll try and release something later today.  The XML contains far too much
information (the example above has some elements removed), but it may be
useful to start.

Dave.