[linux-dvb] Re: XML Channel file format

Hi Florian!

> Hi,
> do you mean something like this:
> - XML, Settings & Editoren (
> http://www.satpage.de/viewtopic.php?topic=11&forum=3 )

This page is already very helpful. I found a link which cuts down
documentation of our xml format considerably:

http://members.tripod.de/Sunaj/XML/Struktur.htm

It also contains many data which is (partly ?) already used by dtv.
This data (as far as it is not already integrated) is a good addition
I think for our format.

> - Linux Editor ( http://www.satpage.de/viewtopic.php?topic=2218&forum=5 )

Concerning a general XML Editor: I know of one program which is able to
make a GUI from an XML DTD AFAIR (I think I found it on freshmeat, but
did never really test it because of the too many java dependencies).

But there is another program I know of: gaby. It is based on gtk and
is a kind of user database program, so you can simply create your
GUI with glade and use that with gaby. There can be a real database
behind the program (maybe even SQL, that was at least planned).
I think it would not be that difficult to add XML support as well for
this program and this way we could easily realise XML based editors :-).
gaby can be found from freshmeat as well.

With best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux

-- Type: application/pgp-signature