[linux-dvb] Re: dvbaudio problem

On Sunday 25 November 2001 22:00, pguiral@free.fr wrote:
> hello,
>
> I want to record radio from DVB, I try this:
>
> debian:/ dvbaudio 1603 > file.mp2
> DEMUX DEVICE 1: : No such device
>
> What I can do to solve this ?

Two things you need to make sure first:

1) That the file /dev/ost/demux exists on your system

2) That the DVB driver is loaded ("lsmod | grep dvb")

If both the above are true, then post again with more details.  You also need
to make sure that the DVB card is tuned to a transponder.  You can use
dvbtune (from www.linuxstb.org) for this.

You may find the "pesdump" utility more reliable than dvbaudio.  You then
need to convert the pes file to "mp2" using the "pes2aud_es" utility supplied
with the DVB driver (in apps/mpegtools).

Dave.