[linux-dvb] Re: USB HD enough to record movies?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:38:27PM +0100, Gregoire Favre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am on the point on bying another HD, does USB have enough "speed" to
> reccord without problem?

You need approx. 500kbytes/s for MPEG2, maybe you will get a USB-HD that is
such fast, theoretical you can achive 1MByte/s with USB, but only with good
hard- and software. In much cases I know the speed is somewhat in the range
of 300..500kBytes/s only. I can not recommend USB-HD, but maybe it will
work.

        Matthias