[linux-dvb] Re: A LOT of newbie questions

Thanks for all the answers, they were very useful.

One more questions:

How to add IR support? Do I need an IrDA dongle or is there some cheaper
way to do it? Can I use any remote controller? I have a learning remote
controller, can I teach it codes that I can use with VDR?

And I'm sorry about the CA hack question I wasn't aware that is was a
non-subject on this list. Five years back I checked out satellite
scrambling hacks. The season card was cool at that time. It looked like
the scrambling methods were really poor, I mean you could implement a
brute force attack with a i386! So I was just wondering whether DVB would
introduce new improved scrambling methods, but apparently that is not the
case :( My impression is that the season card is valid for DVB scrambling
as well. This would suggest that they use the same scrambling methods in
DVB as in analog broadcasts! But I'll shut up now :)

BR, Lauri