[linux-dvb] AW: IR-Receiver (was Re: A LOT of newbie questions)

Hi,

I had no free serial, because I needed the only one
on my mainboard for a serial connection to my machine.=20
So I found it very usefull.

Second, (but I'm not quite sure about this), I think
the "home-brew serial receiver" will need some CPU power
to decode the signal (AFIAK decoding is done by the CPU via
measuring times between interupts caused by the IR signal).

For me it was another advantage, that I could connect the
receiver internal (all wires are in the case); this might=20
of course be no problem, if one serial of your MB is an=20
internal connector you can use for the serial receiver.

(I built the serial version first, then switched to the
new MB and so I had to "change" it ;-( I found both version
easy to build...)

On the other hand, you may want to use the internal connector
for video and audio out, too, so your connector to the 10 pins of
J2 may look very strange ;-))=20

Hope this helps

Joerg

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----