[linux-dvb] Re: No signal

> I first tried to get it working under the windows software, just so I
> could check that it was all working before going to Linux.
>
> No luck there - the software supplied (v1.23b) worked, but failed to
> find any senders, although the level meter sometimes went up as high as

Sounds like a cabling/dish/LNB problem ... or your card has problems
switching to the high band. In this case
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/22khz/index.html might help.

> OK, now over to Linux. I installed RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7), built a kernel
> with i2c installed, added DVB 0.9.3. The software compiled fine, and
> modules load ok too:
> [...]

The messages look fine. If your dish is pointed to Astra 1e, you should see
N-TV on your screen now!

> I had thought that maybe I had a problem with my LNB or my dish, but I
> tried the PC at a friend's (who has a digital receiver), with the same
> results (that was under the windows software). I continue to receive
> analog satellite just fine... :)

You should take your friend's digital receiver and connect it to your dish.
If it works, your card is faulty and if it doesn't work either, you've got a
problem with your antenna setup.

Hope this helps,
hh