[linux-dvb] Re: play_iframe() improvement?

On 1 Dec 2001 at 19:35, Ralph Metzler wrote:

>> Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>>  comment on this
>>  and let me know if I'm completely wrong here?
> No, you are completely right.
> I also have no idea how to force the decoder to start decoding
> immediately. I just does not do it.

dont know if this is connected to an observation of /me:
if you try to watch the region-versions of ORF2 (ORF2/O=D6 for example as
we watch regulary) while they send the region-specific news (from 1900
to ~1920 every day) there comes a point they stop transmitting data on
these channels (at the beginning of the commercial breaks before ZiB1).
in this moment the picture freezes and stays till you switch channels.
dont know if this happens on other channels as well, i only observed it
on ORF2-O=D6 - so this might be a CAM-related behaivor too *shrug*

maybe one could analyze the stream and rebuild this to play still pics
?!?

wbr.tja...

--
thomas jagoditsch