[linux-dvb] Re: CVS update failing

On 05 Dec 2001 Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> writes:
>
>> I just tried your command and it failed here just the same.
>> Then I did
>>
>>   cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co DVB
>>
>> which worked just fine (note the '-z9' options for compression).

I'm using -z4 and i work here, too.
I noticed that the first file which was updated is
libdvb/astra.xml. It's about 350k, may be it's fails because of
it's size.

> BTW: The server has about 130MB of free virtual memory, and it never
> dropped below this value for the last 24 hours (5 minute sampling
> interval).

5 minutes may be a huge interval comparing to the 3-4 seconds it
takes for my cvs update to fail.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan