[linux-dvb] Re: Bad news (summary)

Guido Fiala wrote:
> Maybe it's no serious possibility - but how about all of us list-people
> together supporting convergence?

Good idea.
What convergence needs of course is business, not pittance.

Here are a few first ideas what we can do:

1) Those of us who have good connections to possible new
   customers for convergence should get in touch with them
   and explain some of the things we already know: MHP
   under Linux is the way to go, convergence has solutions
   ready where other companies are still in the planning-phase,
   etc.

2) Those of us who have need for solutions that convergence helps
   to provide, should contact companies that are likely to sell
   such a solution and specifically ask for a linux-based product.
   As an example, I just signed up a few weeks ago for the "T-DSL
   via Satellite" pilot project and I asked the Telekom for Linux
   drivers.
   Imagine what would have happened if the Telekom would not
   have received one such request, but 1000 during the first day?

3) Those of us who have web space that is visited frequently
   could place some infor there explaining some facts (see "1)"
   above).

Carsten.