[linux-dvb] upgrading from vdr072/dvb082

Hi,

up to now i am using vdr0.72/dvbdriver0.82.

Now i want to upgrade to the actual versions.

Because i was very busy the last months i red
this mailinglist very rarely, so please excuse
me if i ask common questions again.

The most important questions for me are:

1. Wich Kernelversion do i need ?

2. Wich Distribution should i use ?
   (up to now i use Mandrake 7.2/Kernel 2.2.17
    but with the new Mandrake Versions i had
    serious trouble while recompiling the kernel)

3. What are the best (most stable) versions of
   dvbdriver and vdr to use ?

4. Are there problems i should be aware of before
   i change my vdr-system to the new versions ?
   (most important for me is the stability of the
    system)

While upgrading i cannot use my vdr-pc, so i
have to do the upgrading fast because the
vdr-pc is used heavily.

As written above i had problems with Mandrake
8.x, even without reconfiguration  the kernel
/the modules dont compile correctly.

...Andreas