[linux-dvb] Re: MSI MS-8401 support?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 07:32:09PM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> The most important chips are the tuner and the demodulator chips.
> The tuner chip is probably inside the metal box. If it is easy to
> open/close a list of all ICs in there would be helpful.

I popped the metal shield off the tuner and see a single IC.  It's
labeled Philips TSA5059T/03112001 (date code?)

> The chip on the right hand side of the 878 could be the demodulator
> (looks like a Winbond logo on it?) and the two chips above the 878
> look like some glue logic, maybe to control the LNB voltage/22KHz chip
> (the 10 pin chip above the latter 2, next to all the capacitors) via
> some pins of the GPIO port of the 878.

The main IC on the PCB is a Conexant Fusion 878A.  To the right of it is
the Winbond W78E52F-24/101811302/300ACNA (demodulator?).  The two ICs
above the 878A are Philips 74HC2440.  The IC next to the capacitors is
an ST LNBP15SP.

Is any of this info useful?

Thanks,

mike.