Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[linux-dvb] Sound output from skystar 1
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [linux-dvb] Sound output from skystar 1
- From: Andrei Boros <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:57:12 +0200
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Organization: Societatea Romana de Radiodifuziune
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I know some updates have been performed on some sound handlings of 0.9
I would like to know if the following issue can be solved for the 0.8.2
drivers. If there isn't a fix, maybe someone can explain me what should
be done, and I'll try it myself.
Here's the problem :
- on many channels, audio that is outputed on the card's minijack audio
out is partially good, partially garbage.
- on some channels all audio is fine.
- when audio contains garbage, the following situations can happen :
- low volume sounds are ok, higher volume sounds are garbage
- background sounds, music is ok, speech in foreground is garbage
- on a polish channel where they translate by a person speaking on
polish over the movie, the movie's original soundtrack was perfect,
while the polish translator's voice was impossible to understand.
For all cases where there are sound problems as described above, if I
record the stream and play it back on another computer (I don't have a
sound card on this one), sound is perfect. No problems.
Also, I remember that when I was trying the windows drivers on this
machine, some channels with bad sound (ie Sat1, N24) with these drivers
today, were ok, so I'm sure it must be a small driver problem.
Please help, I've just installed cables to my TV set to watch Digital
channels via the skystar 1 receiver and it is almost useless...
ing. Andrei Boros
mailto:email@example.com / +40-1-303-1870
Centrul pt. Tehnologia Informatiei
Societatea Romana de Radiodifuziune
To unsubscribe send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe linux-dvb" as subject.
Main Index |