[linux-dvb] Newbe

Hello,
I just start playing around with a DVB card
I installed a Hauppauge WINTV-DVB.S Model 717
I have a dualboot system with Windows2000 server and Suse 7.3 Linux.
The card now works fine with the win2k, but I have problems with Linux.
What do I need to do ?
I downloaded siemens_dvb-0.9.3.tar.gz and tried to install.
The make insmod tells me : a module named dvb allready exists.
I have nothing connected to the videooutput of the card.
How do I see if the card works, How can I view channels on my Linux system.
I would be glad for every single piece of help
Marc