[linux-dvb] Re: Software decoder

Hi,

Quoting Matt Tovey (Matt.Tovey@munich.sgi.com):
> A friend of mine who uses DVB-s under Windows only (!) sent me the
> following link:
>
> http://www.4freeboard.to/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
>
> He also writes:
>
> > ja, es funktioniert wirklich .... die dvb-s und multi-dec 8.0 Software.
> > Damit kann man jetzt alle Irdeto & Seca Programme ohne Cam-Modul und
> > Erweiterungs-Platine
> > entschluesseln. Das Cam-Modul wird per Software emuliert .
> >
> > Habe es gestern nacht zum laufen gebracht.
>
> For the non-german speakers out there, this is a software emulator of
> the CAM module (no HW CAM required), and my friend has used it to decode
> Irdeto and Seca programs.

> I'm curious - is there any interest to get such software working under
> Linux, or is this something which is deliberately avoided?

I am pretty sure that something like that is already running under Linux.
And I guess we should deliberately avoid to discuss such semi legal things on
this mailing lists or some "interested parties" will shut this whole site
down.

Just my 2 cents...

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de