[linux-dvb] Software decoder

A friend of mine who uses DVB-s under Windows only (!) sent me the
following link:

http://www.4freeboard.to/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

He also writes:

> ja, es funktioniert wirklich .... die dvb-s und multi-dec 8.0 Software.
> Damit kann man jetzt alle Irdeto & Seca Programme ohne Cam-Modul und
> Erweiterungs-Platine
> entschluesseln. Das Cam-Modul wird per Software emuliert .
>
> Habe es gestern nacht zum laufen gebracht.

For the non-german speakers out there, this is a software emulator of
the CAM module (no HW CAM required), and my friend has used it to decode
Irdeto and Seca programs.

I'm curious - is there any interest to get such software working under
Linux, or is this something which is deliberately avoided?

Cheers,

Matt
--
Matt Tovey, SGI Software Support, Munich.	+49-89-46108-229

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.