[linux-dvb] DVB-C

Hi,

Before I buy a DVB-C card I would like ask just a few more questions.

First is the MPEG decoder on-board. Does it force you to use the tv-out or
can it also give the decoded frames back to the PC to show on the monitor?
I.e. the hollywood plus decoder for example uses a VGA overlay trick to
display on the monitor, but I can't use that because the videocard never
really sees the tv overlay, and so it won't send it to the tv-out either (i
would like to use the tv-out on the videocard). If the DVB card can display
hardware accelerated in a window (using MPlayer for example) that would be
really great.

Second is about the future, will future extensions, i.e. MHP related, all be
in software, or will it need hardware upgrades? In other words, will I be
safe with this card for a while? (For use in Finland).

And finally, where to buy the card?? I am currently in Holland, so I can buy
it here, in Belgium or in Germany (it's nowhere to be found in Finland,
unlike the DVB-S and DVB-T) but none of shops in the links on the linuxtv.org
pages either have the card at all, or will have one in stock anytime soon.

Someone in Holland/Belgium/Germany *please* tell me where I can find a card,
just to pay for it and pick it up (i.e. no ordering).

Thanks for any replies,
Best regards,
Dennis