[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C Analog module support?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Rolf Siebrecht wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Martin aus Mainz wrote:
> > > But there _is_ code in dvb.c that initializes the analog sound module. (A
> > > module carrying an MSP3400 chip, right?) Does it not work properly? There
> > > should be a syslog message as
> > >   dvb0: DVB-C analog module detected, initializing MSP3400
> > >
> > > I myself have neither DVB-C card nor TV cable.
> > Yes, you're right, the analog module is detected. But is there any kind of
> > software, that can something do with the module?
>
> I don't think so. The driver has no programming interface for this module,
> thus applications have no access to it.
>
> I can't create such extensions - just curious: what are you missing?
I have installed vdr last week, nice program. But here in Mainz/Germany,
you have only some "Oeffentlicht-Rechtliche", that are sending digital in
the cable. Pro7 and RTL did not send. I called RTL and they say, that they
must send digital, but the first time they must do this is 2010.
So I have a vdr but no programm's around, which I could use it ;) (I'm not
a fan of the "Oeffentlicht-Rechtliche")
So I think, that maybe in some time the analog module is supported and
that there maybe in some time there is support for recording in vdr too.
I have no programming skill to do this work self :(

marty

Sorry for the bad english