[linux-dvb] Re: driver 0.9.4, network activator and OpenSky

Hi!

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Milan Kecman wrote:
> I had /dev/video as directory, so dvbd didn't start because ot that.
>
> Now it starts, first line sais sync 64 or 96, and after that any other output is sync=0, and
> ping to EON proxy does not work.

Then there is apparently no signal at the tuned frequency.

> After I stop dvbd, i cant do modprobe -r dvb, get the message devise or resource is busy.

>From what module? dvb.o itself?

After
  ifconfig dvb0 x.y.z.t
  ifconfig dvb0 down
must follow before dvb.o can be unloaded.

> dvbd puts the following in the logfile:
>
> Feb 19 09:25:43 proxy dvbd[1492]: reading config
> Feb 19 09:25:43 proxy dvbd[1492]: IP(net) for filter_0 is x.y.z.w/255.255.
> 255.255
> Feb 19 09:25:43 proxy dvbd[1492]: activating

That part seems to be o.k. But without signal -> no filtering.

> This part is working, but I've set in /etc/dvbd.conf
> v4l_ifname /dev/video0
> is the video0 right device?

Yes, if you have no other V4L devices (Bt8x8 TV cards, Webcams,...) whose
drivers were loaded before.

> After I do modprobe dvb I hear on speakers sound from a channel No. 3.
> After dvbd there is no sound.

Of course. dvbd changes transponder/frequency to that one that is
specified in the config file, or the default one. Look at "dvbd -n".

> Where should I look further?

Tune dvbd to transponders from where you get perfect TV images, and watch
"sync" and "vber" parameters there.

Bye,
     Rolf