[linux-dvb] <200MHz frequencies

Lauri Pesonen writes:
 > A while back Kenneth Falck reported that he's TT-DVB-C card did not tune
 > to frequencies below 200 MHz. Last week I got an answer regarding this

[...]

 > I would really much like to see this problem fixed in the linux driver
 > since 4 out of 7 bouquets in Finland are located below 200MHz. But I don't
 > have any idea where to start fixing this. I'd assume that it's something
 > in the firmware, but I don't really have a clue.
 >
 > Could the driver developers please comment on this?

It's probably something in the tuner code.
Maybe you only have to adjust some of the values in tuner.c.
The SP5659C entry is used for the TT DVB-C cards:

        {"SP5659C", MITEL, DVBC,
                  40000000UL, 870000000UL, 62500, 1, 36125000,
                 174000000UL, 470000000UL, 0xa1, 0x84, 0x81, 0x85},

174000000 and 47000000 are the boundaries for the 3 frequency bands.
0x84, 0x81 and 0x85 are the values used for the first control register
in those bands. Either the boundary values or the control register
values (or both) might be wrong.

Since I don't have a TT DVB-C card and also no digital channels at low
frequencies I cannot really do anything about the problem.

Ralph