[linux-dvb] porting the DVB driver to sparc64

Eddie C. Dost writes:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I am working on the DVB driver on the sparc64 architecture, and I could
 > use some info on:
 >
 > - has someone ever started this before?
 > - are there some hardware docs around to aid in debugging the driver?

I don't think so. The odds are to small that someone has a sparc, a
dvb card and wants to do kernel hacking.
The driver works on PPC, so there shouldn't be any endianess related
problems. Are you using the Sparc in 64 bit mode? This could cause
some trouble.

 > I have the code out of the state where it immediately crashes the machine,
 > but it does not seem to much use as is. I have a Hauppauge DVB-nexus-S
 > card to test on.

Could you describe the problems you fixed and those that you still have?

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |