[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and Remote Control

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 September 2002 09:28, Holger Waechtler wrote:
>
>>Oliver Endriss wrote:
>>
>>>is the internal remote control port of the Hauppauge DVB-S Nexus
>>>2.1 supported by the NEWSTRUCT driver (CVS 2002-09-02)?
>>
>>yes, it is. You have to load an appropriate keymap and inversion
>>config setting using the av7110_loadkeys utility in DVB/apps/. There
>>is also a README which describes how to build your own keymaps for
>>new remote controls.
>>
>>When you have more than one card in your box, the IR input of the
>>first card will be used.
>>
>>When you get no interrupts (== no kernel messages in debug mode) you
>>probably have a wrong protocol (RC5 vs. RCMM) or inversion setting or
>>there is a problem with the electrical connection.
>>
>>Please let me know when problems arise,
>

> Thank you for your quick response.
>
> I have a very simple setup: just one card: Hauppauge DVB-S Nexus Rev 2.1
> I'm using the vanilla Hauppauge remote control (should be RC5 protocol).
>
> The card and the remote control work perfectly with the old driver (CVS
> 05aug2002). So there is no electrical problem.
>
> Right now I checked out the NEWSTRUCT driver (CVS 04sep2002) again.
> I loaded dvb-ttpci.o with 'av7110_debug=1' and ' av7110_ir_debug=1',
> but there is just no debug message (not even a GPIO interrupt) when I
> press any key on the remote control.
>
> apps/av7110_loadkeys/README states (I read this before posting the
> question):
> | In order to write a new keymap you might want to see the raw key
> | values in the kernel log. Use
> |
> |   # insmod dvb-ttpci.o av7110_ir_debug=1
> |
> | in order to enable some verbosity in the av7110_ir driver. Then watch
> | the kernel log while pressing your remote control keys.
>
> But there are *no* raw key values in the kernel log. At least I should
> see some debug messages, no matter whether the keymap is correct or
> not.

no, you won't see anything when the firmware tries to interpret another
protocol than your remote control sends or if the inverse setting is wrong.

See my other mail about the typo in the README, you'll have to pipe the
output of the av7110_loadkeys utility into /proc/av7110_ir.

Holger