[linux-dvb] dvbtune funkyness

Hi,

The situation:
Hauppauge revision 2.1 DVB-C card.

Duron 800MHz, NEWSTRUCT dvb drivers and dbvtools from CVS. All is well,
dvbtune works fine, all bouquets can be received without problems, dvr works
perfectly, etc. OS is Gentoo, 1.2 profile so gcc 2.95 etc.

Then I wanted to set up a dedicated DVR box, got a Pentium 133, installed
Gentoo (1.4 profile, gcc 3.2), used the exact same source copied from the
Duron for the drivers, dvbtools, and dvr.

The difference:
When running dvbtune on the Pentium, it tunes perfectly, if I specify the
audio and video PID's (which I got on the Duron) the card will play that
channel on the TV, everything is well.

However, when running dvbtune with the "-i" flag, on the Duron it just showed
me all the streams inside the mux, but on the Pentium it shows me a bunch of
pay-tv channels only (no FTA), which are not even on that frequency, and not
including all of the PID's inside the individual channels.

When I re-run it, it shows a bunch of completely different channels on yet
another frequency!

So, I can say "tune to 162MHz, symbolrate 5.9M/s, video pid 512, audio pid
650" and I get Channel 1 (Finland). But if I say "tune to 162MHz symbolrate
5.9M/s, and show me whats there", it shows me a bunch of pay-tv channels from
293MHz. And then if I do it again, it shows me channels from 182MHz. etc.

VDR also has some problems, it will not tune to a channel if I hadn't
previously tuned the DVB. Recording will crash VDR basically.

The only difference here is the hardware config (card is the same of course,
but different CPU, slower HD, card is on IRC 11 which is not shared with
anything else), and the gcc 3.2 vs gcc 2.95. Source code is exactly the same.
Oh and the Pentium is physically located closer to the cable outlet, but that
would be a weird kind of interference to cause this problem I guess. The
Pentium only has a NIC and PCI video card installed (ATI). The Duron had much
more hardware which could conflict (but didn't) including a WinTV analogue.

Where do I start looking? :-)

Best regards,
Dennis