[linux-dvb] Ouch!

Has anyone experienced this, on the DVB(-C) board, there is a big reddish
resistor next to the tuner (opposite side of the PCI slot, near the tuner
input. It's connected to what looks like a small regulator). Mine gets too
hot to touch. Tuner housing is also hot, other chips are alright.

Didn't notice this before (though didn't check), this is my original
configuration which worked before, only it is physically in a different place
now. (see previous mail for more info)

Tuning briefly worked after I switched the card back to the old system, but
then it stopped (because it got too hot?).

PC has a big roaring CPU fan, and no case housing (which it didn't have when I
tested originally).

Just tried turning the PC back on, without the cable connected, and during the
boot process (just kernel loading, no dvb support at all) the resistor
already becomes too hot to touch.

It's a big bastard, so I guess it's meant to dissipate quite a bit of power,
but I don't know enough electronics to say wether this is acceptable or not.

Is it? :)

Can it be related to the problem described in my previous mail?

Sorry to ask so many problems,
Big thanks in advance for any pointers,
Dennis