[linux-dvb] Re: OT - where to buy

> I am looking to buy the Fujitsu-Siemens Activy 300
> DVB-C PCI card. Despite my harrasments, the only shop here
>(Verkkokauppa.com, Finland) that had them does not sell
> them anymore. DVB-C cards are very hard to come by over here,
> so I probably have to order from Germany/Holland but anywhere
> in the EU would be fine I guess. I am googling around but
> it's not coming up with much.

The Siemens DVB-C PCI card does NOT support QAM 128, despite
the manuals claim that it does. When my card didn't work I contacted
Siemens, and this is the response i got:

  sorry, but this seems to be a error in your manual. Attached to this
  email you will find the right manual for your DVB-C card.

This new manual stated that only QAM-64 is supported. But then again,
I have heard that some of the Siemens cards do support QAM-128...

a somewhat confused,

Josce