[linux-dvb] Re: osd for nova ?

Hi,

sschmidt wrote:

> On 09.10.02 at 10:17 Holger Waechtler wrote:
>

>>sschmidt wrote:
>>
>>>By accident i have send to the wrong adress. :-) So there is the
>>
>>original:
>>
>>>*****
>>>Maybe this:
>>>http://df-gp.sourceforge.net/
>>>is also a good starting point. A bit limited to MGA Cards but who knows.
>>

>>>*****
>>
>>I don't see a point why it should be limited to Matrox cards. Any card
>>that's well supported by DirectFB and can do either PAL resolution or
>>hardware accelerated stretchblits should work fine. Using the SDL
>>backend you can even render into an X11 window...
>

> Simply because they have only patched the MGA driver vor syncing. :-)

AFAIK the sync patch is only required to keep thy system load low when
waiting for vertical retrace. DoK's patch lets the waiting process sleep
until the retrace interrupt occurs.

> DVB is at the moment interlaced. TV-Out should be, at least in germany,
> also interlaced. You have to sync source and destination if you don't like
> to buffer the stream.

You can let do DirectFB do the deinterlacing for you. I don't know if
this works on all graphics cards, maybe this is for now only supported
on some ones...

Holger