[linux-dvb] Re: New UK DVB-T channels testing

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 12:53, Stephen Davies wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > That's odd... IIRC with DVB-S you can be off by even 1 or 2 MHz and the
> > driver will tune to the transponder correctly, so I really wonder why
> > this isn't possible with DVB-T. I mean it's just a mere 166 kHz! Is there
> > no AFC in the DVB-T part of the driver?
>
> 166kHz off on a frequency of 600MHz is more than twice the error of 2Mhz
> off from 12GHz.
>
> Steve

I would also like to confirm that tuning to 162000000 Hz and 161875000 Hz
(DVB-C, difference of 125kHz) can make all the difference between getting a
lock or not. Funnily enough for the Windows stuff specifying the published
frequency usually tunes just fine, like they already account for a small
offset (or do a little zigzagging to get a lock). Under Linux I use the
125kHz/250kHz substraction (QAM_64/QAM_128 respectively) and then it tunes
just fine :) (Finnish HTV network)

Dennis