[linux-dvb] Re: bad reception

I had EXACTLY THE SAME problem....

I have a P4 (i845 abit BD7II mobo), a Matrox G450, SB Audigy thinger,
Adaptec 2940, WinTV/PVR (analog tv card) and a WinTV/Nova-T DVB card, 3com
Vortex netcard (or boomerang?)

Sometimes it would work fine for a week.. other times it would work 5
minutes then a continuous stream of errors interleaved with bits of normal
video..

PCI slots:

Matrox G450
WinTV Nova-t
WinTV PVR
Sound Blaster
SCSI 2940
3com
---bottom-of-case---

I removed the 3com network card, and compiled in support for the realtec
onboard controller (which was previously disabled in the BIOS)

and moved the TV cards around. the WinTVPVR and Nova-T both run quite
hot.. as does the G450.. not it looks like

Matrox G450
[blank/empty]
WinTV PVR
Sound Blaster
SCSI 2940
WinTV Nova-t
---bottom-of-case---

Now, using the NEWSTRUCT drivers from CVS (same software infact.. no
upgrade..) it works fine.. occasionally there is an error when watching
channel5 (but this could be channel5 reception..??? though I didn't think
it affected DVB) but all the other channels I can receive are perfect..
its the best its ever been

I seriously suggest looking at the card layout in your box, it definately
fixed mine (though perhaps it was due to interferance caused by an
adjacent card?)

as they say.. YMMV

cp