[linux-dvb] Re: bad reception

> I had EXACTLY THE SAME problem....
>
> I have a P4 (i845 abit BD7II mobo), a Matrox G450, SB Audigy thinger,
> Adaptec 2940, WinTV/PVR (analog tv card) and a WinTV/Nova-T DVB card, 3com
> Vortex netcard (or boomerang?)
>

> Sometimes it would work fine for a week.. other times it would work 5
> minutes then a continuous stream of errors interleaved with bits of normal
> video..
>
> PCI slots:
>
> Matrox G450
> WinTV Nova-t
> WinTV PVR
> Sound Blaster
> SCSI 2940
> 3com
> ---bottom-of-case---
>
> I removed the 3com network card, and compiled in support for the realtec
> onboard controller (which was previously disabled in the BIOS)
>
> and moved the TV cards around. the WinTVPVR and Nova-T both run quite
> hot.. as does the G450.. not it looks like
>

> Matrox G450
> [blank/empty]
> WinTV PVR
> Sound Blaster
> SCSI 2940
> WinTV Nova-t
> ---bottom-of-case---
>

> Now, using the NEWSTRUCT drivers from CVS (same software infact.. no
> upgrade..) it works fine.. occasionally there is an error when watching
> channel5 (but this could be channel5 reception..??? though I didn't think
> it affected DVB) but all the other channels I can receive are perfect..
> its the best its ever been
>
> I seriously suggest looking at the card layout in your box, it definately
> fixed mine (though perhaps it was due to interferance caused by an
> adjacent card?)

ok, I am using NEWSTRUCT anyway. But it may be an irq issue, which moving
slots may help:

           CPU0
  0:   34339416          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         44          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:    1609369          XT-PIC  usb-ohci, eth1, saa7146(0)
 11:   19751845          XT-PIC  eth0
 14:      52656          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:   34339632
ERR:       4609
MIS:          0

usb and one ether and dvb are on the same irq. Maybe the driver doesnt
like this. I will disable usb as I dont need it, and move slots. Also
the 2 ethers are only temporary. Will give it a go.

Justin