[linux-dvb] libdvb and dvbscan

Hi all,

I started hacking together a general-purpose DVB library. It can be
downloaded at:

http://jemmari.tky.hut.fi/dvb/libdvb.tar.gz

It's very much work-in-progress at the moment, but I put it there so you
can see what the API is going to be like. The package includes only one
test program, ingeniously called 'dvbscan'. It will parse the PAT, SDT
and PMT tables and print out all the services. At least here at the
university campus it did. =) Your mileage may vary. In the future
dvbscan will be able to scan through a number of frequencies, and output
the channel list in various formats.

You will have to specify your DVB driver include directory in Makefile
for the package to compile correctly. A recent CVS version of the driver
is required.

Cheers,
Juha