[linux-dvb] Re: bttv and DVB cards hardware incompaibility only in late linux

> Briefly: on this PC I use a Hauppauge DVB card - a Siemens clone,
> revision 1.3 -, an Adaptec 2940U2W, a SBLive! and a 3C905C network card.
> All that works like a charm.
> I also used to have a bttv card there, but I got many problems trying to
> use it on that crowded PCI. I know that a few months ago it had worked,
> and it also did on Windows (does now? I don't have a copy installed
> anymore) on Windows.
>
> I get lot's a IRQ sync errors in the syslog, and can't get any image from
> the bttv card.

Unfortunately this sounds like typical bttv problems. It is why I gave up
using them quite some time back. As far as I can work out their irq handlinng
is fundamentally broken. For example if you put two cards in one machine
they may work sometimes, sometimes not. 3 cards never worked for me. It
seems to be a timing issue and there doesnt seem to be a fix for it.

Justin