[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards in the UK

> > > The Mini-ITX boards only allow for one PCI card, so making tiny VDR
> boxen in
> > > the UK an impossible task.
> >
> > There is allegedly a riser for a second card.
>
> Yep you can buy 2-card risers, but the price suddenly jumps from a few
> pounds to £80 or so, because it has to include a PCI router chip to allow 2
> devices to share one slot :/

A pci bridge shouldnt cost this much. Also I got the impression (from the fact
theat there are 3 pins allocated as PCI riser, according to the manual)
that some of this was built in and these pins just acted as the select lines
or something. I may be wrong.

> > There is also mention of an mpeg decoder that plugs into the "video in"
> > header. It is from Sigma designs, so might be workable under Linux with
> > dxr3 driver...
>
> Interesting, I'm guessing they just integrated this feature onto the
> mainboard in the new "Epia M" boards.

No, this is the original one.

> > > The other slant is dual-DVB systems. One budget and one full-featured.
> > > Surely it's more sensible to have both cards as full-feature so they can
> > > tune to the same channels?
> >
> > No, because you can only easily use one tv out at the same time
>
> Hence the confusion and my second post =))
>
> > > Just buying a DVB-S purely for the MPEG2 decoder seems a terrible waste
> of
> > > technology!
> >
> > It would probably cost about the same...
>
> Still, a full feature DVB-T would mean you could record channels from
> different mplexes, or even just LAN broadcast different mplexes to other
> clients...

does it? I didnt know this. Does it have 2 tuners then?

Justin